Saturday, October 22, 2016

Stay in Greenville

I visited Greenville in October on a business trip and stayed there for two weeks. It was my second visit to States and my flight was via Paris again. Unlike last time it was a smooth transition in Paris to take flight to Atlanta. From Atlanta my flight was after five hours but thanks to Delta Airways, they accommodated me on an early flight and I landed in Greenville at least four hours earlier than scheduled. From Airport, taxi took half an hour to reach my hotel "Staybridge Suites".The hotel is situated in outskirt of the town but was near to my workplace. Also it is very near to shopping centers and eateries. The appearance of the hotel is decent and reception was helpful. I asked for a room on first floor. In the lobby there was an uncomfortable smell, may be due to pets. Room was very decent and comfortable for long stay. Breakfast provided is appreciable for a lot of varieties. Dinner in hotel has limited options but fine. For Indian food, nearby 'Saffron' restaurant is the best which serves true and authentic Indian cuisines. I visited this restaurant four times in my two weeks of stay as food there was with a feel like home.

On weekend I went to the downtown. Ambiance of downtown was soothing. I went to Falls bridge which is major attraction of the city. A circular cantilever steel bridge standing high on the falls is perfect photo point. I went down to the falls which is a small spring. This is located in the heart of the town. Walking on nearby roads was mesmerizing experience.


I could meet few people on this trip, had talk about ongoing presidential election, learn about customs in different societies. That is the beauty of traveling when you learn and unlearn so many things about the world you never thought exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment